Welcome to our Mega Aggron Counters, Weakness & Best Moveset in Pokemon GO guide, in which we are going to give you all the information you’ll need to fight this Pokemon in Mega Raids. It will be appearing from September 16th to September 27t at 10 AM local time. And yes, it can be shiny, if you’re super-lucky. So, with that said, let’s find out what the best counters and moveset of Mega Aggron are.
Pokemon GO Mega Aggron Weakness & Counters
We are going to begin this guide with the weakness and counters of Mega Aggron in Pokemon GO, after which we’ll dive into its moveset. This Pokemon has several weaknesses, actually; Fighting, Fire and Ground attacks deal 160% damage to it. On the other hand, avoid Flying, Rock, Normal, Steel, Bug, Grass, Psychic, Fairy, Ice, and Dragon moves (63% damage) and especially Poison (39% damage). So, with that said, here are some Pokemon you can use against Mega Aggron.
- Terrakion with Double Kick and Sacred Sword
- Machamp (Shadow or regular) with Counter and Dynamic Punch
- Lucario with Counter and Aura Sphere
- Conkeldurr with Counter and Dynamic Punch
- Mega Charizard with Fire Spin and Blast Burn
- Landrous (any version) with Mud Shot and Earthquake or Earth Power
- Entei (Shadow or regular) with Fire Fang and Overheat
- Reshiram with Fire Fang and Overheat
- Garchomp with Mud Shot and Earth Power
- Mega Houndoom with Fire Fang and Flamethrower
Pokemon GO Mega Aggron Best Moveset
So, those are the counters and weakness of Mega Aggron in Pokemon GO, but what about its best moveset? Well, this Pokemon has a wide array of moves of different types it can have, well outside its Steel type. However, we believe that the best moveset is a combination of Iron Tail (Steel) as the Quick Move and Heavy Slam (Steel) as the Charged Move. Alternatively, you can substitute Iron Tail with Dragon Tail (Dragon) or Smack Down (Rock).
Those are all three Quick Moves that Mega Aggron can have in this game, by the way. As for Charged Moves, your options also include Stone Edge (Rock), Rock Tomb (Rock) and Thunder (Electric). Also, there’s Frustration (Normal, Shadow) and Return (Normal, Purified).