Welcome to our Mega Lopunny Counters, Weakness & Best Moveset in Pokemon GO guide, in which we will tell you everything you need to know about fighting this Pokemon in Raid battles. Considering that it will be featuring in Mega Raids from September 27th until October 8th, you’ll need all the help you can get. So, let’s begin!
Pokemon GO Mega Lopunny Weakness & Counters
We are going to begin with the weakness and counters for Mega Lopunny in Pokemon GO before we get into its moveset. The fighting rabbit has several weaknesses, actually: Flying, Fighting, Fairy and Psychic attacks all deal 160% damage. On the flip side, avoid Bug, Dark, Rock and especially Ghost attacks. With all that said, here are some suggestions on which Pokemon to use against Mega Lopunny.
- Mewtwo (Shadow or regular) with Confusion and Psystrike
- Latios (ideally Mega or Shadow) with Zen Headbutt and Psychic
- Latias (ideally Mega or Shadow) with Zen Headbutt and Psychic
- Hoopa Unbound with Confusion and Psychic
- Galarian Zapdos with Counter and Brave Bird
- Metagross (Shadow or Regular) with Zen Headbutt and Psychic
- Lucario with Counter and Aura Sphere
- Moltres (Shadow or regular) with Wing Attack and Sky Attack
- Rayquaza with Air Slash and Hurricane
- Galaraian Articuno with Psycho Cut and Brave Bird
- Ho-Oh with Extrasensory and Brave Bird
- Mega Alakazam with Confusion and Psychic
Pokemon GO Mega Lopunny Best Moveset
Now that you know how to defeat Mega Lopunny in Pokemon GO with its weakness and counters, let’s get into its moveset. After all, you have to work hard to get one of these Pokemon, might as well make the most of it. Mega Lopunny doesn’t have a large variety of moves, but what it can do, it does really well. In our opinion, the best combo to go for is Double Kick (Fighting) as the Quick Attack and Hyper Beam (Normal) as the Charged Attack. You can substitute Double Kick with Pound (Normal) and still do pretty well.
The only other Quick Attack Mega Lopunny can have is Low Kick (Fighting), and that one’s kinda meh. As for Charged Attacks, your other options include Focus Blast (Fighting) and Fire Punch (Fire). Focus Blast is not bad at all, but Fire Punch really doesn’t do much in this case.