Knowing how footstep audio works in Modern Warfare 2 is imperative. Especially if you want to stand out from the masses of casual players in Call of Duty. Learning how to correctly locate the source of the footsteps, including the direction, distance, and what they are stepping on, will drastically. You’ll always be one step ahead of your enemies (no pun intended). In our in-depth guide, we explain everything you need to know about footstep audio in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II.
Footstep Audio Guide in Modern Warfare 2
Every seasoned Call of Duty player will tell you that mastering audio cues is equally important as practising your aiming and reflexes. Understanding your surroundings will put you in a position to dictate encounters. If you are the one to know your enemy’s position, you will be the one to shoot first. And a player who gets a chance to shoot first is usually the one who gets out alive. And that’s why you need to know how footstep audio works in Modern Warfare 2.
With each new COD game, as technology improves and another studio picks up the baton, the footstep audio changes as well. And things are no different with the Modern Warfare 2 footstep audio. There are some key changes in how it works in MW2. Luckily, MW2’s audio level designer, that goes by the name ChrisCrossed on Twitter, took his time to explain the details. Here are the key factors which you need to know when it comes to the Modern Warfare 2 footstep audio:
- How you hear your own footsteps is completely different compared to how others hear them.
- Don’t evaluate your own volume versus what you think others hear.
- MF2 introduces different types of foliage sounds.
- Furthermore, each type of surface has its own unique sound. Even variations within the same surface type. Thus, learning this is essential for map knowledge.
- Finally, changing your “Walk Speed” in options will also modify your walking footstep audio volume.
And there you have it, these are the key factors you will need to know when it comes to how footstep audio works in Modern Warfare 2. Learn how to recognize these things, and you have a huge advantage in every match. With that said, we’ve completed our guide.